Day 16

Sunday, January 21, 2018

I woke up and ate breakfast at 9:00. We did not leave the hotel until 1:00 because everyone was still sleeping. All we have for breakfast is bread at this hotel. I feel like I am getting fat off all this bread. We ate lunch across the street and I had pizza again. After lunch, we had free time to go and do anything we wanted. Some students went to Coco Ocean to sit by the pool, other students went to Leybato beach.

Matt, Rohit, Sam, and I went to a local market while the rest of the class either went to Laybato Beach or Coco Ocean. We were on a mission to find Gambian flags and Gambia Has Decided T-Shirts. We were pretty unsuccessful in both tasks. I was amazed that a tourist country like The Gambia did not sell a flag of their own country. We actually had to buy fabric and have a tailor cut and sew pieces together to make a flag. The end result was disproportionate and uneven. Additionally, the Gambia Has Decided T-Shirts could bring in huge revenue from the tourist industry, yet this giant market had almost none of these shirts. I think they could use advice on how to better appeal to their tourist population. I feel as though they could be making a lot more money. 

Coco Ocean Sign at Night

After this adventure, we headed to Coco Ocean for one last fancy dinner. I was not a fan of the meal but Buba made a toast to each member in the group and his words were very sincere and sweet. Tomorrow I will be able to see the lions and I am very excited.



Last night in Banjul,



Andy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1

Day 19

Final Paper