Day 7
Friday, January
12, 2018
I did not sleep at all last night. I
somehow ended up on the floor. I woke up with a headache and just extreme
fatigue. We had breakfast at 9 and couldn’t eat at all. I told Buba that I was
sick and he said that I could go back and sleep while the other kids did stuff.
I went to sleep for about two hours and then Buba came into my room and said we
were going. Because he is always late, I did not miss anything.
The first place that we went was a
local market. There were all these little shops but each shop had the same
stuff in them so it was not that interesting. I am starting to think that none
of these products are handmade. I have seen the same stuff in Senegal and
Gambia. They probably have a major manufacturer. The salespeople in the Gambia
are definitely not as pushy as the salespeople in Senegal. They will invite you
into their shop but will not follow you around and constantly pester you. We
then went to a large Gambian garden. I was standing in the garden and felt like
I was going to pass out so I squatted down for the whole lecture. I did not
hear much of what they were saying. Next, we went to some beach to drink water
and rest. I fell asleep at the table. We were probably there for three hours.
For dinner, we went to a KFC knock off called Yummy Fried Chicken (YFC). It was
just ok. KFC has better chicken.
We went back to the hotel after
dinner and I went right to bed. Apparently there is a famous musician staying
at our hotel tonight so they were having a big party and the music was very
loud. Hopefully I will be able to sleep well.
View of the beach
Comments
Post a Comment